Monday, October 8, 2018

Acknowledgement: SAP WM: Fundamentals of Warehouse Management


Acknowledgement

I would like express my gratitude and say thanks to all the professors, researchers, warehouse and SAP WM consultants, who have contributed towards my knowledge and work experience to make me able to produce my work on SAP warehouse management. I have done rigorous literature survey before barking on the journey of writing and composing this book. It has helped me to compose and produce a coherent literature on warehouse and distribution management which is required as a foundation to learn SAP warehouse management (WM) or Enterprise Warehouse Management (EWM) module. In the following section I have recognized each one of them and their work.
I am grateful to John J. BARTHOLDI and Steven T. HACKMAN (of The Supply Chain and Logistics Institute School of Industrial and Systems Engineering Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA 30332-0205 USA) for their wonderful book on WAREHOUSE & DISTRIBUTION SCIENCE (Release 0.94). Check for the latest version at www.warehouse-science.com. They have given me permission to reproduce and refer some of their work in my book. Their name has been cited wherever their work has been reproduced or referred. I would recommend readers to visit their website to get latest literature on scientific and mathematical research on warehouse and distribution. Reading their work is very much enriching and it opens the mind for fresh thinking. Their website contains videos of fully and semi-automated warehouse operations, which would further enhance the understanding of warehouse and distribution process.
Kevin R. Gue of Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering Auburn University Auburn, Alabama 36849, kevin.gue@auburn.edu and Russell D. Meller of Department of Industrial Engineering University of Arkansas Fayetteville, Arkansas 7270,1 rmeller@uark.edu, have produced great work in “Aisle Configurations for Unit-Load Warehouses, January 8, 2008”. Publisher has granted the permission to me to reproduce their work. This work can be found on publisher’s portal and as well as author’s portal
 Publisher’s Portal URL link:
                                                        (http://www.tandfonline.com/action/doSearch?stemming=yes&searchText=+Aisle+Configurations+for+Unit-Load+Warehouses) Author’s Portal URL link: (http://kevingue.wordpress.com/publications/)

Don Benson is a professional warehouse engineer and consultant (http://www.warehousecoach.com/home.html). He has granted me the permission to reproduce his work for the great learning of budding consultants.

I am thankful to Joseph Tillman and his colleagues to grant me permission to refer his work (Manrodt, K. B., Joseph Tillman, and Kate Vitasek (2010) "DC Measures" WERCWatch Spring 2010, while writing my work. There work can be found at following website, http://scmr.com/article/warehousing_efficiency_and_effectiveness_in_the_supply_chain_process)

Last but not the least I would like to mention my colleague and friend Ashish Andani for his great contribution towards my understanding of SAP WM. Annexure 2 on interview question and answer has been composed by him

No comments:

Post a Comment